Last summer I sewed a dress for a bridesmaid using Butterick 4978. I was not sure at first whether I liked the design, but it grew on me. I thought the gathered neckline might be flattering for my figure. So, this spring I decided to use it to make myself a top. But I made some adjustments. First, I decided to skip the keyhole and the neck binding of the Butterick bodice, and just used the lining to support the gathers. I borrowed the lined cap sleeves from Simplicity 2965, and redrew the armholes of the bodice to match. I combined the upper edges of the Butterick midriff pieces with the lower top of Simplicity 5193 to draw the lower pieces. I made it all in a bright, fun floral fabric because I am ready for Spring! Getting it all right was a interesting adventure, but I am happy with the result.
So I have entered it in the Spring Top Week contest at Made by Rae. Check it out!