- Walking, Hiking, and Running I do enjoy these. The boys don't find my jogging particularly entertaining, so they zoom ahead on their scooters in more or less formal races.
- Cooking and Baking I make the boys do more of this in the summer, too.
- Writing Here I am, though the competition for the computer is pretty keen.
- Reading Library Books We check out an average of 20 every three weeks, often with a few more in between.
- Playing an Instrument The writer of the message admitted that musical instruments are not generally free. And if you call it practicing, the entertainment value drops significantly. However, we do sort of collect instruments around here, and everyone likes to try them. This is the latest:
A handmade marimba. It arrived from Guatemala yesterday, in a package with 103 stamps on it. Dandelionslayer, our resident percussion expert, has longed for a marimba for years. It cost more than tickets for most concerts that we attend, but the music will last longer, too.
So, we already do everything on the list. We must be having fun!