Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just Ducky

 The baby boom at church is banging along.  Dandelionslayer and the Caterpillar talked to a couple who was expecting a girl for their firstborn. They showed the guys a pile of pink things that others had given them, and a smaller pile of other colors that they had acquired themselves.  We decided to help augment their non-pink collection.
I started with this towel, on which Grandma O had appliquéd a duck.  Cute pattern, isn't it?  I wish I could find it in her files.
 I used some decorative stitches to add coordinating waves to a washcloth.
And then, since Dandelionslayer had boasted to this couple about my amigurumi habits, I had to crochet a duckie to match.  I've searched for a pattern like this before, and didn't find anything quite right for me.  So I made it up.  And it worked out pretty well!

D2 likes the duckie, too, so when I make one for him, I'll try to write down a pattern for it.  Have a ducky day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little ducky! Thanks for visiting Night Owl Corner - just stopping by to check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely towel and ducky!!! I love green for baby :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete