Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Give Thanks

 

 2020 has been quite a year, hasn't it?  Who expected a pandemic to swoop in and plague the world?  Because, you know, this definitely fits my definition of a Biblical plague: something unpleasant and attention-getting that affects everyone.

As far as the effects go, we're pretty well off.  We've stayed healthy.  Dandelionslayer and the Caterpillar have kept their jobs and worked all this time.  Scoot is still happily serving as a missionary in the Netherlands.  Remote school is not ideal for the younger boys, but it is possible, and the technology works pretty well.  Church discussions at home have been good.  Most of us are introverts, and don't mind quiet time and family entertainment.

Which is not to say that we're immune to disappointment, discouragement, or feeling boxed in.  But it feels so much better to focus on the good things.  

That's what Russell M. Nelson says so much more eloquently in the above video.  A man of long experience with faith, science, and family, he encourages us to seek out the healing power of gratitude, and to share it with others.  

So, today I'd like to tell you that I am grateful for my family.  My parents, who brought me up with love, faith, curiosity, humor, skills, encouragement, and adventure.  My sisters, who were silly and busy and active with me.  My loving, fun, faithful, creative husband.  Our talented, capable, hilarious sons.  

I can't tell you how grateful I am for them, but I can tell you that I am, and that my life has meaning because of them.  Thank you!

And thank you to you who are reading this.  I know I haven't provided much for you to read lately, but thanks for stopping by.  I'll share a few more things I'm grateful for in the next few days.

What are you grateful for?

#givethanks

No comments:

Post a Comment