Thursday, November 26, 2020

Grateful for Books

 I am so grateful that my parents taught me early to love stories and reading.  They read to us and with us, and told us stories from around the world.  I am grateful for libraries, too, sources of more books than we can fit in our house.  For the first five years I went to elementary school, the library was only a couple of blocks away.  My sister and I were frequent visitors in the summer, and always found more good books to bring home.  The closure of local libraries this spring was really disappointing.  I'm so grateful for the curbside pickup system we have now.  And, since I still can't wander and browse the shelves there, I'm grateful for Goodreads, where I can find new destinations for my reading adventures.  


 We have plenty of our own books, too, which were very helpful this spring.   Here are a few of my favorites from the permanent collection.  They provide information, inspiration, beauty, amusement, escape from worry, and perspective on the real world.

What books are you grateful for?

#givethanks

No comments:

Post a Comment