Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Grateful for the World

 

Washington, USA

 

I am grateful for this world that we live in.  I think I live in a particularly beautiful part of it, full of mountains and trees and lakes, surrounded by the sea.  

I've been privileged to live in other beautiful places, to have visited forty-nine of the United States, two of their territories, and five other countries.  I've found lovely scenery, intriguing history, and kind people in all of them.

England

Japan

Puerto Rico

Canada



And that isn't enough.  My wanderlust frequently manifests itself in dreams about rushing to catch airplanes, road trips that turn into hikes, or odd things happening with boats.  Someday I'll explore more, but I am truly grateful for the places I have been.  This is a beautiful world, in an amazing universe, and I'm glad to be part of it.

Where would you like to go?

#givethanks

1 comment:

  1. You're way ahead of me on U.S. territories visited, but I like travelling too. And I agree that Washington, USA, has a lot to offer. I'd like to see more of Portugal, though, and I'm grateful that world culture is not yet completely homogenized. And with this year's enhanced focus on health, I'm thankful that I'm still at least strong enough to want to go places.

    ReplyDelete