Monday, November 30, 2020

Grateful for Creativity

I always like to make things, but in these uncertain times, I have found much comfort in being able to take things I have, or things I can get, and organizing them into something beautiful and useful.  I've been busy!

Since the beginning of March, I've sewn

a dress for a friend's baby, using the last of one of my very favorite fabrics,

an apron, to keep Scoot's white shirts clean,

masks for others and ourselves,

a bookmark with my motto for the year,

a shirt for Rollo,

a weighted blanket for the Caterpillar,

curtains, and a couple of outfits for myself. 

I've crocheted
a blanket for another friend's baby,

a Dragon Neckwarmer, with coordinating hat,
 
and this All in the Family afghan.  I started it in the spring, using yarn I had at hand, and set it aside when it was getting too warm to sit around under an afghan and my colors were starting to run out.  I picked it up again this fall, added rounds in three more colors, and decided it was big enough.
 
I've done some painting:  




I have also enjoyed offering some advice, but mostly watching as the boys expressed themselves

with cakes,
costumes, and other creativity.

I have more projects to enjoy, ideas to realize, inspiration to express.  I'm thankful for the skills I've learned, and the resources to practice them.  It's one way to emulate our great Creator, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so.
 
What has kept your hands busy?
 
#givethanks
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are very creative and productive. I'm a cross-stitcher, so I especially like the bookmark :)

    ReplyDelete