Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sprucing up the Sewing Space

It wasn't exactly a New Year's resolution, as I've been considering improvements to my sewing area for years now.  But some things fell into place, and I decided the time had come for reform.
Before, with card table and cardboard boxes overflowing

The most important piece to replace was, of course, the table.  I found a sturdy desk on Craigslist that was just right.  Buoyed up by that discovery, I bought some storage bins for the fabric scraps.  I folded them up according to this tutorial, a process so fun that D2 wouldn't let me do it alone.  I've found a place for nearly everything, and it looks great.
After, neatly organized

Now I'm thinking of projects for using my stash of stuff, to keep from overflowing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment